Talitha Kum, one of RENATE’s most prevalent partners in the fight against human trafficking, have published their annual report reflecting on the organisation’s progress throughout 2021.
The reach and importance of Talitha Kum’s work to help victims of trafficking and to prevent instances of trafficking and exploitation are made evident in the reflections of the report, which present several significant and quantified achievements.
The reports introduction states:
“Despite the Covid-19 pandemic made it more difficult to combat trafficking, in 2021 Talitha Kum recorded a numerical and qualitative growth in its activities compared to the previous year :
- present in 92 countries
- with 55 national networks (5 more than the previous year)
- 6,039 people actively involved in anti-trafficking actions on all continents.
- 336,958 people reached by Talitha Kum all over the world
- of these, 258,549 benefited from prevention activities
- 19,993 are victims and survivors supported by the network;
- 58,416 people involved in networking, training and capacity-building activities .”