RENATE members at RUHAMA, Ireland, share about the creative ways in which the NGO continues to support victims of Human Trafficking and Prostitution. Volunteers at RUHAMA meet virtually via online platforms to organise delivery of essential supplies to women who work on the streets and are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The distribution van continues to operate but with observations of health regulations re. social distancing etc.
RUHAMA is a Dublin-based NGO that works on a national level with women affected by prostitution and other forms of commercial sexual exploitation. RUHAMA offers free, confidential support services, tailored to individual needs.
Given that most of our daily lives have been disrupted within a short space of time and with little opportunities to plan ahead, RUHAMA have compiled an extensive list of what is available from organisations, Museums and individual nationally online covering the following areas:
1. Virtual tours of Museums & galleries.
2. Digital Concerts.
3. Libraries Ireland resources, including audio books, E-books.
4. Health & Wellbeing- Yoga online with free classes; Guided meditations.
5. Education & Development via COURSERA, the Shaw Academy and other Online learning Resources.
6. Resources for children – Scoilnet; Twinkl; Dabledoo Music; Microsoft Code; Write Reader and many, many free supports and services.
For more: www.ruhama.ie